Megan Klak, Staff Writer
These are simple, quick to make, and require no actual baking! Wonderful for parties, they look beautiful and taste great. If you’re looking to do some last minute baking this week, look no further.
This recipe was retrieved from The Canadian Living Test Kitchen.
Chocolate Cherry Cups
- 10 oz (280 g) 70% dark chocolate, chopped
- 6 oz (170 g) milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 pkg (200 g) marzipan
- 1/2 cup glacé cherries
For garnish: 10 glacé cherries, cut into thirds.
- In heatproof bowl over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt together half each of the dark and milk chocolates until smooth. Pour by about 1 tsp into 1-3/4-inch (4.5 cm) wide candy cups. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in food processor, pulse marzipan with cherries until smooth paste forms. Roll by fully rounded 1 tsp into balls. Gently press balls into candy cups, flattening tops almost but not all the way to edge.
- In heatproof bowl over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt together remaining dark and milk chocolates; pour by 1 tsp over filling to cover, smoothing tops. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
Garnish: Top each chocolate with 1 cherry piece. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. (Make ahead: Layer between waxed paper in airtight container and refrigerate for up to 1 week.)