Megan Klak, Staff Writer
This is another foolproof recipe from the Best of the Bridge. Delicious, and for some mysterious reason, named George.
“This recipe is older than we are! a.k.a. “George!”
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 cups Graham wafer crumbs
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup cream or milk
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- 3 chocolate squares (1 ounce each) sweet or semi sweet
- 1/4 cup butter
- To make first layer: combine ingredients and pack into a 9 inch (23 cm) ungreased pan. Chill for 1/2 hour.
- To make second layer: beat all ingredients until smooth and fluffy. Spread carefully on top of first layer.
- To make third layer: melt chocolate and butter together. Spread over second layer and chill. Cut into small bars-very rich and very delicious.”
Retrieved from: “Best of the Best,” by Best of the Bridge Publishing Ltd., pg. 263.