Care for Creation PLT
Our school will be having a whole school religious PLT on Tuesday, May 30th to celebrate our FAITH.
Please start looking at the different spiritual PLTs that will be offered that afternoon.
Care for Creation Day Activities, May 30th
- Three activities need to be registered for before May 25th, so as to ensure supplies. Planting Bee friendly flowers, Making Bee Motels and Painting Bird Houses. Registration will be closed Friday (May 26th) morning.
- Two possible activities require some help with supplies. Even if you are not registered for the activities.
- Planting flowers: If you can please bring gardening gloves, a small gardening shovel and if possible a large shovel to help prepare garden beds.
- Bee Motels: because of use of recycled items we need to collect them. Straws or items with about the same diameter hole in them (½ – 1 cm), can be cut bamboo (about 10 cm long), and metal cans (approx 400mL or larger) or plastic bottles.
- Our school needs to vote for our student senators. The voting will open on Friday, May 19 @ 10am and will be available on the front page of the Archbishop MacDonald webpage until Wednesday, May 24th @ 12pm. Please exercise your right to vote and help us pick the best candidate.
- Only one grade 11 student showed interest in representing Archbishop MacDonald High School in the new Edmonton Catholic Schools Student Senate so we are proud to announce her as our Senior Senator: Riana Torrejon
- The following grade 10 students have put their names forward because they are interested in representing Archbishop MacDonald High School in the new Edmonton Catholic Schools Student Senate as Junior Senator.
Each of them submitted a brief explanation of why they should represent us. Please vote for one of the Junior Senators.
• Christina Cervantes
• Madeleine Kayembe
• Aakankshya Kharel
• Alyssa Tonnes
Band Concert Info
Click to enlarge.
All student-athletes must pick-up their athletic banquet ticket in the atrium during lunch or in the PE office before/after school prior to May 31st. Tickets are non-transferable
Athletic Banquet is on Friday, June 9th 6:00 pm
Kiss Me Kate
If you want to attend the GALA. It is on Sunday, June 11th at 6:30 PM at cost is $35.00. Money will be due to the business office by May 25th. Account set up by tomorrow if you want to start bring in $$$.
Band Concert Info
Click on the poster to enlarge information.
Lines Person Needed
Anyone interested in being a linesperson for our school soccer games please see Miss Greer. Time can be used towards service hours and the job is very basic.
Last chance to buy a 2016-2017 Yearbook! Don’t miss out on your chance to have a souvenir of another great year at MAC! Yearbook orders can be placed until Thursday, May 25.
The following students have still not picked up their 2015-2016 yearbooks. Bring I.D. to Mrs. Larochelle’s Room 107 at lunch (only): Stephanie Cheung, Shaun Currie, Jon Miguel Domingo, Lauren Forster, Connor Gelinas, Laura Grajoszek, Sadey Hamilton, Jongmin Han, Abigail Isaac, Dante Janik, Ryan Kortbeek, Dominic Le, Senna Mannarino, Kyle McLean, Anna Minarik, Maria Neval, Gabriel Ortiz, Thomas Osei-Bonsu, Piolo Patag, Francesco Principe, Joshua Robertson, Ethan Sala, Naveen Seethram, Zachary Stevens, RyanTaillifer, Miguel Tajanlangit, Joshua Tejada, Ashley Toner, Denanh Tran, Daren Trinh, Colin Weir, Evan Wong
In Memory of
David Anthony Kwateng Adomako-Ansah
You will find the application for this scholarship on Mac’s Website.
Assemble your completed application, sign, and date it. Submit your application by E-mail to Mme Dallaire at Cindy.Dallaire@ecsd.net by the application deadline of June 10, 2017.
- ONLY E-MAIL applications will be accepted.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
Are you Looking for Christian Service Hours?
The Edmonton Down Syndrome Society is looking for
volunteers for our third annual Go21 Edmonton Community Walk.
Go21 Edmonton Community Walk takes place at William Hawrelak Park, 9930 Groat Rd NW, Edmonton on Sunday, June 11, 2017.
Hours can count for this year (2016-2017) or for next years’ service hours.
Please see Mrs. Pospisil in room 116 for further information.
May PLT Guest Speakers
Click here to find out more!
Catholic Register Newspaper
The Catholic Register newspaper is currently looking for high school and university students for their Youth Speak News team, and they would love to have some members from Alberta.
They’ve just started the process of assembling the team that will take over in September. It could be a great opportunity for some young person from your school district or campus or parish; would you be able to share the information?
Here’s a link for more info . . . http://catholicregister.org/ysn/ysn-application
ManCap Legacy Education Grant
This $3000 grant is available to students entering post-secondary in September 2017. This grant is awarded to selected students who aspire to start their own businesses and can prove their entrepreneurial ambitions. applications can be found at www.mancapfoundation.com or see Mrs. Reeves for more information. application deadline is July 31, 2017.
Royal Candian Legion Bursary
Royal Canadian Legion $500 Bursary. This bursary is awarded to a student planning on entering their first year of post-secondary education. The awarding of the bursary is based on need and Grade 12 marks and the recipient must be related to ex-Canadian Forces personnel or a member of the Canadian Legion. Applications can be found at www.laabnwtlegion.com or see Mrs. Reeves for more information. Deadline to apply is August 31.
Jonathan Doody Scholarship
The Johnathan Doody Memorial Scholarship is available to first-year MALE students who will be attending the University of Alberta. This $800 scholarship is awarded to students who show a strong commitment to both academics and extra-curricular/volunteering. Applications are due September 14 and can be found here, or see Mrs. Reeves in Student Services for more information.
Financial Need Scholarships
Scholarships for students experiencing financial need are available to graduating Grade 12 students. Please click here for more information or speak to Mrs. Reeves in Student Services. Deadline to apply is May 15.
King’s University Scholarship
Any student who is registered for King’s University, or is interested in registering for King’s University, is asked to see Mrs. Reeves for Mrs. Laplante for an exciting scholarship opportunity. A $5000 scholarship is available to one MAC student who shows an 80%+ average and has some leadership skills. Deadline for application is May 15, 2017.
If you are in grade 12 and go to Annunciation Parish there is a $500 scholarship available. Please see Mrs. Reeves for more information.
New Blood Donor Challenge
Blood buses can now be viewed online in Google classroom. Just go to Google classroom and join the blood donor challenge class with the code 1u7w7x
Here you can see when blood buses are running, reserve a spot for one of the appointments and see the eligibility guidelines as well.
May Blood Buses
Last opportunities to donate.
Tuesday may 30th (care of creation day) pick up at noon in atrium (2 of 5 filled)
Wed. May 31st after school pick up at 3:30 (empty)
Possibly more opportunities so stay tuned. Join Google classroom code 1u7w7x
Remember you can’t have had a piercing or tattoo in last 6 months and some travel restrictions (holiday locals) may not allow you,
call 1-800-2DONATE to find out if you can donate